Uniquely mellow but spirited fine wines
produced from traditional Port vinification methods.*
prices per bottle
500 ml ............................. $ 40
50 ml sampler .................... $ 6
PLACE AN ORDER
The brand name MELEAU comes from the Latin "mel" and the French "eau" and is pronounced MELLOW.
Meleau wines are artisanally crafted from New York grapes and Solera aged for a minimum of 4 years.
White Meleau is a fragrant and elegant fortified wine made with Muscat Ottonel grapes.
Red Meleau is a bold and spicy fortified wine made from a blend of Cabernet Franc and Merlot grapes.
With low residual sugar, a medium acidity level and a perfectly balanced structure, both white and red Meleau are delightful wines that can be served as aperitif, as a complement to a variety of foods, or as a digestif in small glasses.
Regardless of the moment, however, Meleau wines are best served at room temperature:
• Once a bottle is open it should be kept re-corked at room temperature. An opened bottle can keep for months.
• Download Tasting and Aging document PDF
MELEAU SPECIALTY WINES CAN AGE FOR DECADES.
• Store them horizontally and away from direct light.
• The storage temperature can vary from 40ºF to 85ºF, but avoid sudden temperature fluctuations.
Meleau wines have 8-9 % Residual Sugar
RESIDUAL SUGAR CHART (E.U. QUALITY WINE REGULATION):
|Dry:||1-4% RS||(up to 9% RS if balanced with suitable acidity)|
|Semi-Dry:||5-12% RS||(up to 18% RS if balanced with suitable acidity)|
|Sweet:||45% + RS|
* Bottle design may vary based on availability