fine Port vinification methods wines.*
Neither sweet nor dry and light in body, these wines belong to a unique category of fine Port vinification method wines. After the fermentation is stopped with the addition of a 170-proof grape spirit, these wines are aged in a neutral oak Solera system, which was established in 2010.
The name Meleau™ is pronounced, mellow. It is a fanciful term derived from Latin and French, meaning nectar and distilled spirit. Nectar because the yeast is grown in honey, "mel," and distilled spirit for "eau"-de-vie.
Aging potential: beyond one's life time in a wine cellar and once opened, 6 months recorked, stored away from direct sun light and in a cool place (does not require refrigeration).
• Descriptive: velvety, bold, bright and spirited
• Fermentables: 20% merlot, 65% Cabernet Franc, 14.5% blend and 0.5% honey
• Can be served room temperature as an aperitif, or with meats, strong cheeses, chocolate or dried fruit, or as a night cap
• ABV: 17% - RS: 8 g/l - TA: 6.7 g/l - pH:3.47
• Descriptive: Aromatic, full-bodied, elegant and spirited
• Fermentables: 85% Muscat Ottonel, 14.5% blend and 0.5% honey
• Can be served chilled as an aperitif, or room temperature with pâtés, aged dried cheeses or fresh fruit, or as a night cap
• ABV: 17% - RS: 9 g/l - TA: 6.1 g/l - pH: 3.56
* Bottle design may vary based on availability